1st Jun 2020
Hey! Looking for super effective training to help you with your job hunting? Or maybe you are wanting to be heard around the board room table or even ask for a pay rise? This 10 week, 10 video programme will scaffold and consolidate your learning, which is essential for learning. You will speak with authority, credibility, confidently and clearly. It will clear any 'chokes' and issues you are currently facing. Start today, there's no time to lose!
12th May 2020
Now is the time to up-skill. Why? Because employers are looking for those self starters who use their time to become better.
Better skills at their job, better communicators better presenters, better speakers. You need to stand out from the crowded market, so what have you done to ‘better’ yourself?
This really requires an investment – an investment into yourself and an investment into your future. I remember about 25 years ago when I applied for 33 jobs, in a market where jobs were fairly scarce. I got ONE interview, but I nailed that interview and got that job. To this day, that job was one of my favourites because I was able to articulate very clearly my skills and what I could bring to their company. As it was, I had exactly what they were looking for but, I’m certain, the outcome would have been very different if I hadn’t had done these three things.
How do you feel about going into an interview situation? Maybe it’s been a while since you’ve had it. Are you up to play with the situational interview? They can be really challenging. If you have time on your hands spend it up-skilling yourself. How to calm nerves, how to stick to the subject, how to speak clearly and with authority so people will actually listen to you. These are all skills you may need to learn, and, guess what? I can help. Choose a training option that suits you
Let me know what appeals to you and I will get you started with a video call. It’s easy and it’s reasonably priced for you to make you better. Stay Safe!
30th Apr 2020
Are you looking for a job? Has Covid meant that you have lost your job? Here are the top 6 tips to make sure you stand out from the crowd.
1. Make sure your cv is personalised and is 100% error free. Use a template but don't be generic. Link in media content; videos, articles, awards, publications. Your cv will go into the 'no' pile immediately with any errors.
2. Every covering letter MUST be job specific. That means, respond to the job description and company who is hiring. Write how you meet all their criteria and why you will be able to fulfil all their requirements. Ask for an opportunity to discuss further in an interview situation. Once again, straight into the bin with you if you just churn out the same letter for every application. Employers can spot that a mile away.
3. Show up for the interview on time or a little bit early. Be clean and neat. Also, be dressed appropriately for the role. Dirty and sloppy will not win you the job.
4. Stand up straight, firm hand shake, smile and look the interviewers in the eye. Look alive!
5. Speak clearly and correctly! Leave out all slang, swear words, incorrect grammar; such as youse, and incorrect articulation. Businesses do not want their staff to sound like a moron.
6. Open up your mouth a bit wider than usual so you are heard and understood. No one will hire a mumbler.